Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions set out the full extent of any agreement reached between you and Teddy Bear Friends in connection with this site. By placing an order, you accept the following terms and conditions:
- Teddy Bear Friends is a trading name of Westview Trading Limited, a company registered in England under registration number 6555031; registered office address is Teddy Bear Friends, 80 New Court Way, Ormskirk Business Park, Ormskirk, Lancashire L39 2YT (http://www.teddybearfriends.co.uk/).
- Westview Trading Limited is VAT registered. All prices listed on Teddy Bear Friends include VAT. A full VAT invoice is available on request.
- You agree that email can be used as a long-distance means of communication.
- We reserve the right to cancel any order at any time. Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered being unavailable from stock
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment
- The identification of a pricing or product description error
- Your failure to meet the eligibility to order criteria set out in these Terms and Conditions
- No contract for the sale of any product will subsist between you and Teddy Bear Friends unless and until Teddy Bear Friends accepts your order by way of an email confirming that it has received payment in full for all the goods you have ordered. That acceptance will be deemed complete and will be deemed for all purposes to have been effectively communicated to you at the time Teddy Bear Friends sends the email to you (whether or not you receive that email). This confirmation email amounts to an acceptance by Teddy Bear Friends of your offer to buy goods from Teddy Bear Friends or a 3rd party supplier that is engaged on your behalf by Teddy Bear Friends.
- This confirmatory email will contain all relevant statutory information concerning your contract and will also contain a link to these terms and conditions.
- You must check that the details on this confirmatory email are correct as soon as possible and you should print out and keep a copy of it.
- Teddy Bear Friends will not pass on your personal or credit or debit card details to any third party.
- You undertake that all details you provide to Teddy Bear Friends for the purpose of ordering or purchasing goods or services are correct, that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods or services ordered.
- If there are any changes to the details supplied by you it is your responsibility to inform Teddy Bear Friends as soon as possible.
- Your statutory rights are not affected (in particular see below as to your rights to withdraw from the contract) but otherwise all purchases are non-exchangeable, non-refundable and non-transferable.
- You may cancel your order at any time prior to your order being processed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning 01695 577005 during normal office hours.
You may also withdraw from the contract at any time after the product has been dispatched and you have received our email confirming your order but no later than 7 working days from the day after you receive the product by:
- sending the notice of cancellation by email to email@example.com ensuring that you quote your name, address and order details / reference number;
- where you have already received the goods, returning the goods at your expense to Teddy Bear Friends unopened and complete with manufacturer's labels, tags and packaging together with the original invoice within 7 working days from the date that you received the goods.
Teddy Bear Friends will then refund you the purchase price of the goods.
- Once Teddy Bear Friends receive notification from you that you wish to withdraw from the contract (in accordance with these terms) any sum debited to Teddy Bear Friends from your credit card in relation to your order will be re-credited to that credit card account as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order provided that the goods you wish to return are received by Teddy Bear Friends in the condition that they were in when delivered to you.
- This Liability section applies only to the extent permitted by law. For the avoidance of doubt, Teddy Bear Friends do not exclude or limit any liability for (a) personal injury (including sickness and death) where such injury results from Teddy Bear Friends' negligence or wilful default, or that of Teddy Bear Friends' employees, agents or subcontractors or (b) fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Teddy Bear Friends does not accept liability (except as set out below) for any errors and omissions in typography or photography and reserve the right to change information, specifications and descriptions of listed goods, products and services.
- Teddy Bear Friends will do its best to correct errors and omissions as quickly as practicable after being notified of them.
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, TEDDY BEAR FRIENDS IS PROVIDING THIS WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENTS ON AN "AS IS" BASIS AND MAKES NO (AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL) REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THIS WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED IN THIS SITE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN ADDITION, TEDDY BEAR FRIENDS DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE VIA http://www.teddybearfriends.co.uk/ IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT.
- In the unlikely event that you receive goods which were not what you ordered or which are damaged or defective, or are of a different quantity to that stated on your order form, Teddy Bear Friends shall, at its own option, make good any shortage or non-delivery, replace or repair any damaged or defective goods, or refund to you the amount you paid for the goods in question PROVIDED THAT you notify Teddy Bear Friends of the problem in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 working days of delivery of the goods. NOTHING IN THIS CLAUSE AFFECTS YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS.
- Teddy Bear Friends do not accept liability for any indirect loss, consequential loss, loss of data, loss of income or profit, loss of damage to property and/or loss from claims of third parties arising out of the use of the Teddy Bear Friends.co.uk website or for any products or services purchased from Teddy Bear Friends.
- Teddy Bear Friends will only be liable for direct loss up to a maximum total of the price of the product or service purchased in respect of any claim.
- All electrical products are covered by a 12 month manufacturer's warranty. If your product develops a fault while under warranty, please contact Teddy Bear Friends and we will advise you where to send it for repair. It is a "return to base" warranty therefore there will be a delivery charge to return the product back to the relevant UK service centre.
Processing of orders
- Credit and Debit cards are debited before items are shipped by Teddy Bear Friends. All prices include VAT unless otherwise stated.
- Every purchase you make shall be deemed performed in the UK. UK law shall govern every aspect of contractual agreement concerning purchases made from this website.
- Teddy Bear Friends aim to arrange shipment of all in stock items within one working day of receiving your order. Your order may be delayed if the item is not in stock with our suppliers. Some items may be unavailable and the current stock status is approximate. Teddy Bear Friends are not able to supply dates our suppliers may get an item in stock.
- Our standard Returns Policy applies to all purchases from Teddy Bear Friends.
- Goods will be sent to the address given by you in your order and stated in the Order Confimation. Please note that your goods may be sent to you in installments.
- Title to any product ordered will pass to you once Teddy Bear Friends has received payment in full for that product.
- The period stated within which you will receive your order is approximate. Delivery estimates provided are not a guarantee of delivery time.
- Next Day Delivery Services are guaranteed in so far as delivery cost (difference between Next Day and Standard charge) will be refunded if the delivery date (Monday to Friday) is not met*. Although we do aim to deliver to residential addresses on Saturdays this is not covered by the Next Day guarantee.
*Next day services are only guaranteed for mainland Britain, excluding Scottish Highlands. Next Day delivery to all other areas of the UK may take up to 48 hours and should be allowed for when ordering. A full breakdown of outlying regions and expected delivery times are detailed on our delivery page.
*When sending an order to a hospital, business/work address, halls of residence or other organisation the guarantee covers delivery to the organisation only (Monday-Friday standard working days only), and does not include internal mail systems that may add further time to reach the intended recipient. Please allow for delays in internal mail systems when sending birthday / time dependent gifts, especially when sending to a large organisation.
*During periods of industrial action/disputes taken by delivery service providers and during periods of poor weather, i.e. snow and floods, we will strive to maintain the Next Day service by dispatching on time. However, the Next Day Guarantee will be suspended during these periods.
- We can deliver items to hospital addresses. However, we will ONLY do so if the person is a permanent member of staff OR a long-stay patient. We will not dispatch items to hospital addresses when a patient's stay is expected to be less than 10 days.
- We will endeavour to dispatch all 'In stock' orders within 24 hours, however this is not a guarantee of service.
- We recommend that you order in good time to receive goods for special occasions/days. Christmas Day, Easter, St Valentine's Day, Mothering Sunday and other occasional events experience greater order numbers so it is a good idea to place your order at least a week before such an event. We cannot guarantee delivery of goods placed less than a week before such a special occasion/day.
- Teddy Bear Friends reserve the right to cancel an order and deduct delivery charges and costs for services from the original order if an item is returned to Teddy Bear Friends:
- after a missed delivery, where the addressee has failed to re-arrange delivery or collect the item in person from the local delivery service provider.
- due to errors in the address or addressee given at the time of ordering.
- after being refused delivery by an addressee, business or organisation.
- Damaged item:
If you take delivery of a package and the contents have been damaged in transit you must inform us immediately of the problem by email. Failure to inform us immediately of a breakage will render claims inadmissable. You can return the item(s) to us within 30 days of receipt for exchange.
- Defective item:
You have the right to return a faulty item within a reasonable period of time. Breakages and damage through inappropriate usage of the product are not covered by this warranty. Please keep all the warranty information that accompanies your item as this will be needed should there be a fault.
- Wrong item:
As soon as you find out we've sent you an incorrect item, email us at and let us know. Send the original item back to us and we'll make sure you are not charged for it. We'll send you the correct item as soon as we can.
- Returning an item:
- If you are returning an item because of an error on our part or because it is defective, we will be happy to refund the delivery charges (using Royal Mail Standard Delivery) incurred in returning the item to us.
- If you are returning an item because of an error on your part or the item is not defective we will refund your payment for the said item. However, we reserve the right to deduct any delivery charges incurred in sending the item to you. In this situation, services such as next day delivery charges and gift packaging are not refundable.
- Please enclose your order details, full name, address and email with your returned item along with a brief explanation of the problem/reason for return.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the item is returned to Teddy Bear Friends in good condition and complete with original tags and/or manufacturer's booklets/labels.
- The item remains your property until such time as it reaches us. Please obtain proof of posting (free from any Post Office) when returning an item to us.
- In the case of a refund, we will charge back any monies to the original cardholder only. We cannot send cheques or cash to either the original cardholder or to someone who has received an item as a gift.
- It is a crime to use a false name or a known invalid credit card to order. Anyone caught wilfully entering an erroneous or fictitious order will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Teddy Bear Friends tracks the electronic 'fingerprints' of every order placed to enable us and all legitimate crime prevention and prosecution authorities to trace individual users engaging in criminal activities on our website.
- Teddy Bear Friends may amend these terms and conditions from time to time, and place the new version on the website. All purchases from the date that the amended terms are placed on our website onwards will be governed by those new terms.
- These terms and conditions shall apply when Teddy Bear Friends accepts your order by email confirming that it has received payment in full for all the goods you have ordered. They shall supersede any and all other conditions, understandings, commitments, agreements or representations (except fraudulent misrepresentations) relating to your purchase, whether oral or in writing, and contain the entire agreement between Teddy Bear Friends and you relating to your purchase. Teddy Bear Friends advises that you print off and keep safe a copy of these terms and conditions once your order has been accepted by Teddy Bear Friends.
- You are advised to read (and are responsible for reading) all information on this website fully.
- If any of these terms are held to be invalid or unenforceable, those terms will be struck out and the other terms remain.
- These terms and conditions are subject to the laws and exclusive jurisdiction of the UK.